You must select one of the following options:
All prices on this website are EX WORKS = VAT and transport cost are not included. More information see below.
Our website does not contain specific cultivation information on this strain because unfortunately, we don’t have first-hand experience fruiting it.
For growing parameters, please consult a professional or specific literature.
We have optimized growing conditions for other Shiitake strains. Why don’t you try growing it with the information from those?
Should you be successful in fruiting this species, please let us know your incubation / fruiting conditions so we can increase our cultivation database.
When we have gathered sufficient information, we will share it here.
Shipments to Switzerland (CH) and United Kingdom (UK): Standard export documents (packing list + invoices) required. Import permit and phytosanitary certificate are not required. All standard documents are provided by us as a free service.
Shipments to the rest of the world: Mycelium cultures, spawn and other mycelium products are living organisms. They will be treated similarly to "plant seeds" by your customs officials. They cannot be shipped without the proper documents. Getting these documents will require an effort on both your and our side, and it will add to the cost of your invoice. Which document requirements should you expect? The majority of countries require the following:
- Standard export documents (packing list + invoices). All standard documents are provided by us as a free service.
- For most countries, you will need to apply for an import permit for mycelium from Belgium from your relevant official office (usually the Ministry of Agriculture or equivalent). Important: your import permit must specify exactly what you intend to import. You need to send us a copy of this import permit.
- With this copy, we can apply for a phytosanitary certificate. The cost of this certificate is 78,00 EUR and is added to the invoice. This document is valid for 1 shipment only, regardless of the product(s), the shipped quantity or the strain(s). Part of this cost (30 EUR) is an administrative cost from our side.
- On rare occasions, countries also require extra documents such as a certificate of origin (Maghreb, Middle-East, etc), or other documents. At your request, we will apply for this certificate. This document costs 30 EUR. In some cases, a EUR.1 document can be a solution - see below.
- Some countries have specific restrictions on importing mycelium products, such as New Zealand and Australia (or Australia list 2)
- If there are trade agreements between your country and the EU, we can add a EUR.1 document to your export documents upon your request at a cost of 40 EUR per shipment. This reduces the import duties you will need to pay and may reduce the paperwork in general.
- If you have questions about restrictions or extra documents, ask your own government officials. We do not know every possible restriction worldwide.
Customers inside the EU: you are charged 6% VAT on mycelium products and 21% on other products (including transport and document costs) unless if you can provide us a valid European VAT-number. Fill out this number in your personal account on this website. If you have a valid EU VAT-number, you will not pay VAT on your invoice. Not sure if you number is valid? Check the VIES website.
Customers outside of the EU: you do not pay VAT to us, as long as we have export documents. If we have to ship your goods to a location in the EU (including Belgium), we do not have such documents. In that case, you will need to pay VAT: 6% on mycelium products, 21% on other products (including transport and document costs).
Mycelium is extremely sensitive to transportation. Our biggest enemy is temperature.When mycelium is transported in warm conditions (> 5°C - 41°F), it will start to grow. As a result, it will self-heat. The larger the volume, the worse this effect. This causes 2 main problems:
- Ageing of the mycelium. The mycelium gets old quickly and this reduces the quality.
- A bag of spawn for example can overheat to the point of death in less than 24 hours.
We cannot ship every product to every place in the world, all year round. For this reason, this website cannot calculate your prices automatically. You will receive your personal transport price through email.
We will propose the best transport option for you.
- Keep cool courier: We do not offer this service. Very expensive, no guaranteed cold chain.
- Regular courier: Our favorite shipping option for small shipments < 150 liters. We will add a temperature logger and/or a gelpack to your shipment if needed. When it is too hot (> 20°C - 68°F), we cannot ship and your shipment will be postponed. Our shipper is usually DHL, they will send you a Track & Trace code in an email.
- Keep cool road transport: Our favorite shipping option for quantities > 150 liters of spawn. We organise these transports for you all year round - we do not charge you for this service, but we will charge you for the shipping cost itself. We can add a temperature logger upon request.
- Keep cool airfreight: Only if there is really no other alternative. Good to know:
- It is very expensive, typically the cost of transport is 3-5 times higher than the cost of the goods.
- We do not organise this transport for you beyond the Belgian airport.
- We do not take responsability beyond the Belgian airport. We advise you to get a good insurance.
- It's your responsibility to inspect if the shipment has any damage. There is a strict protocol how to do this. Read our FAQ's for the correct protocol.
- We only accept shipments if there is a direct flight from Belgium.
- We remain responsible for the quality of the goods as they leave Mycelia. Our traceability system will prove the freshness of the mycelium at departure, and the temperature logger will register the temperature during the entire journey.
- We cannot assist with claims regarding overheated or otherwise damaged mycelium.
- We deliver the correct documents with our goods. We cannot be held responsible for shipments being delayed because of additional customs’ requirements.