This transport option is keep cool and it is required when we need to ship a larger volume of high-value goods. Due to many problems we have experienced in the past, we have limited our use of keep cool airfreight. There are many reasons for this:
- It is very expensive, typically the cost of transport is 3 times higher than the cost of the goods
- Keeping the cold chain during transport has proven to be a great challenge, even with all the precautions we have taken in the past such as datalogging – temperature logging, insurance, insulating blankets, etc. Often, the cold chain is broken and as a result, the goods are spoiled
- Important delays in the importing country often cause the goods to be delayed before customs. When this happens in a hot country, goods are often left outside and overheat.
In the past, we have been held responsible by our clients for transport failures, and we have had to claim refunds from airlines and transport companies, which we often did not receive. This has resulted in substantial financial losses. These losses were higher than the profit we made on such shipments. We have therefor decided the following:
- We do not take this risk anymore. This transport must be arranged by the client, on his/her responsibility and with the proper insurance
- We remain responsible for the quality of the goods as they leave Mycelia. We prove the quality with a temperature logger and photos.
- We cannot assist with claiming lost goods of transport fees with the exception of the above data
- We deliver the correct documents with our deliveries. We cannot be held responsible for shipments being delayed because of external regulations by customs services